Wednesday, October 14, 2009

How we came to acquire a beagle

It's kind of a long story, but it makes sense. Try to keep up. Our daughter's boyfriend (whom we really disliked) gave her a pitbull puppy he got from a woman standing outside a grocery store. Our daughter had just started looking for an apartment, and realized most of them allowed only small dogs.  We found the pitbull puppy a home, and our daughter found an apartment. "But I really want a dog to keep me company," she said.  "Of course," we said. We researched smallish breeds. "I'd love to have a beagle," she said. "Of course," we said. We found an ad in the newspaper and traveled two hours to a farm to look at a boisterous litter of beagle puppies. "I want this one," our daughter said. "Of course," we said.  "His name is Hunter," she said. "Of course," we said. We brought him home.  On the drive home, we realized Hunter wasn't an apartment dog. He was really, really loud, and really, really...active. So he came to live with us.  My husband and I love this dog - I love him the most.  Our daughter loves him, too.  She still calls him her dog, even though he's our dog (he's really my dog).  "He's my beagle," she says. "Of course," we say.

No comments:

Post a Comment